Memorial Gymnasium / Field House

memorial_gym.jpgThe Memorial Gymnasium (Fieldhouse) (National Guard Armory) was built in conjunction with the National Guard. It was named in honor of those who lost their lives in WW II. The dedication for this building was September 9, 1960.

memorial_gym_construction.jpgfield_house_entrance.giffield_house.jpg

In 2000 the Madison Community Center was added to the Field House.

Trojan Field

 

trojan_field3.jpgTrojan Field was leveled in the spring of 1934. At this time the field was north of East Hall and East Wing (Kennedy Hall). Flynn Field had been also used at various times.

 

A brand new Trojan Field opened in 1968. In the summer of 1970, a golf course was built around Trojan Field.

 

trojan_field.jpgtrojan_field2.jpg


 

Source:

The Eastern 21 July 1971: 3.