Higbie Hall

higbie.jpgHigbie Hall was built in 1965, as a dormitory addition to Dakota State College. Named after Edgar C. Higbie, the hall was located next to the Trojan Center. It was originally built to house 150 men. The dedication ceremony of Higbie Hall and the Trojan Center was held in September 1965. Although the plan was to hold the ceremony on the lawn west of the Trojan Center, due to weather the ceremony was moved inside the Kennedy Hall auditorium.

Currently the four-story brick hall has changed to house both men and women within its walls. Divided by floors, both men and women have access to the hall's laundry rooms on two of the floors, and couches, chairs, and a large screen TV in the lobby of the main floor.


 

Source:

Eastern, 01 Jan. 1900