West Hall

west_hall.jpgIn 1886, $8,000 was budgeted for the building of West Hall. The building was completed that same year and measured 36 feet by 86 feet. West Hall was four stories high and accommodated 70 students. After East Hall was built in 1901, West Hall was designated to be used only by male students.

Only thirteen years after it was built, West Hall was torn down in 1909 to make room for the building of the Science Hall / Women's Gym. Some of West Hall's building materials were salvaged and used in the construction of the new building.


 

Source:

Dakota State University Online Yearbook. 25 Mar. 2004
<http://www.clubs.dsu.edu/yearbook/history/framed/online%20yearbook.htm>.