George MacGregor Lectern

As of 2003 this lectern is located at the Fieldhouse. The plaque on it reads In Memory of George MacGregor 1884-1953. It is used in the classroom during the semester and is utilized for graduations.

"The George MacGregor Lectern was presented to the College by the George MacGregor family in memory of Mr. MacGregor, Chief Engineer at the College for many years."

"He was a canny Scott and a fine man. By his ingenuity he was able to keep many pieces of mechanical equipment functioning long beyond their normal lifetime. Mr. MacGregor and Mr. Tyrrell were a close team and maintained the institution at a high level even though the funds were often meager."


 

Source:

Lowry, V. A. Forty Years at General Beadle (1922-1962) . Madison, SD: Dakota State University, 1984. Pg 117.