Kennedy Hall Name Plate

KennedyHallPlate.jpg"The Kennedy Hall name plate was presented to the College by Mrs. McDonald as a memorial to her husband, E. R. McDonald. "Ernie," as he was commonly called, was for many years in charge of the food service in East Hall."

"This site was the former location of C.B. Kennedy Hall. First known as East Wing, the building was constructed in 1904 to house an auditorium as well as classrooms and administrative offices. In 1955, the building was named in honor of Charles B. Kennedy, a pioneer of the Madison area. As a Dakota Territorial Legislator in 1881, Kennedy was instrumental in securing the location of a Normal School in Madison, and he donated 20 acres of land for its campus. The building was closed due to storm damage in 1983 and removed in 1986."

(Plaque is located inside the South entrance to the Kennedy Center)


 

Source:

Lowry, V. A. Forty Years at General Beadle (1922-1962) . Madison, SD: Dakota State University, 1984. Pg 118.